Q1. I have received a school account email, what should I do next?
Once you have received an email from the school’s IT administrator about the school’s Office 365 account, you should:
- Head to https://portal.office.com to complete your account activation.
If you are not familiar with Microsoft’s Office 365 service, please take some time to watch the “How to activate Office 365 account” video tutorial.
- Complete the New Student Registration Form.
- Head to https://moodle.glctschool.com and choose “Office 365 Account” as the login method.
Once you have logged into Moodle, you should automatically enrolled in the “Entrance Test” class.
If you don’t see Entrance Test class, please contact the IT Administrator: Mr. Yu-cheng Chang
(If you are not familiar with Moodle LMS, please take some time to watch the “How to access Moodle LMS” video tutorial.)
- Change your TimeZone setting.
- Go to the “Entrance Test” class.
- Watch the Safe Exam Browser tutorials inside Entrance Test class to install and configure the Safe Exam Browser.
- (optional) Complete “Safe Exam Browser Testing Quiz”.
- Complete both the English and Math Entrance Test, and notify your admission officer that you have completed both tests.
- To exit Safe Exam Browser, you must read the instruction provided right before you start attempting the test. The instruction contains the password you need to quit Safe Exam Browser.
- Note, not every class will be using Moodle. Please check with your teacher.
- Familiar yourself with Microsoft Team. You can watch tutorial videos from Microsoft, or the school’s simple tutorial – “How to use Microsoft Team“.
Please note, you will not be enrolled in any class until you have done the placement tests and have talked to Ms. Yazmin.
If you have trouble running Safe Exam Browser with Microsoft Windows 10, please read the troubleshooting guide first.
At any given point, if you are having any technical difficulty, please contact Mr. Yu-cheng Chang.
Q2. When will I receive the time table?
Usually, you should receive the timetable no later than 24 hours before the class start. If you have not received the time table, please contact the guidance Ms. Kathy Nugyen either on Microsoft Team or via email.
Q3. I forgot my school account’s password, what can I do?
You can reset your password by visiting this link: Microsoft Online Password Reset