- Using dishonest means to achieve an unfair advantage in an academic evaluation –includes things like cheat sheets. *Most likely to be done with intention and planning.
- “Wandering eyes” during exams
- Taking and posting photos of tests
- Use of devices during an assessment
- Stealing tests; memorizing answer keys
- Entering test questions in calculators, not clearing them
- The administration will be notified in each circumstance.
- Parents/guardians will be notified and a conference with administration, parents/guardians, and the class teacher will be held.
- Refusal by staff to write reference letters
CONSEQUENCES TO STUDENT OF CHEATING ON A TEST
First Offense: If a student is found to be cheating on a test, the student will be allowed to finish the test. Upon the completion of the test, the teacher will have a counseling session with the student to further educate the student on the consequences of cheating.
Second Offense: If the student is found to be cheating for a second time on a test, a mark of zero will be given for the cheated portion.
Third Offense: If the student does it continuously, the student will be asked to withdraw from the course. This may cause a loss of credit for the entire course.
CONSEQUENCES TO STUDENT OF CHEATING ON AN EXAMINATION
If a student is found to be cheating on an examination, the student will be allowed to finish the examination. Upon completion of the examination, the teacher will bring the student to the principal.
For the first offense of cheating on an examination the student will be required to write a second examination that is different and of equal or greater difficulty from the first one. This second examination will be marked and a mark of zero will be given for the portion cheated. The parents will be advised of cheating and the allocation of the mark for the cheated section.
Should the student be found to be cheating on an examination for a second time, the student will complete the examination and then brought to the principal. The principal will remove the student from the course, with a subsequent loss of the credit and the parents will be informed.
Updated Date: 2022-09-06