Why come to GLCT?
1. Over 35 years as an international private school offering a university preparatory education.
2. Established in 1978 in the prestigious area of High Park North, close to downtown Toronto Canada.
3. Our school is certified and inspected by the Ontario Ministry of Education, our teachers are all qualified and experienced, and our staff has strong contacts with virtually every Canadian University. We also have a well balanced educational environment for international students that focuses on academics, excellence, creativity, and responsibility.
4. Multicultural Environment: Our students come from 23 different countries.
5. Flexible Program Entry Dates: 5 Intake per school year, September, November, January, April, and June. Based on the student’s visa application status, he or she can choose any one of 5 intakes to come to school.
6. Excellent academic and career counseling leading to admission to top universities.
7. “Personalized Education Program” enables students, through their guided study plan, to prepare for and enter the University of their choice by obtaining “A+” academic achievement.
8. Over 90% of graduates on a year by year basis gain acceptance and entry into the top North American Universities, with the majority receives early offers of admission. Approximately 60% of graduates receive university scholarships.
To date, universities in Canada, the United States and throughout the world have accepted over 10,000 of our graduates. In recent years, 90+% of our graduates have been admitted to universities. Our students consistently receive Ontario and Canadian academic awards, as well as university entrance scholarships. This high record of success reflects the professional commitment and personalized touch that has become a trademark of The Great Lakes College of Toronto.
With great pride and pleasure, I welcome you all to a new 2018-2019 school year at The Great Lakes College of Toronto (GLCT) – a centre of quality education and excellence. At GLCT, excellence is achieved through high standards that ensure that all students grow to reach their highest levels year after year and are ready for the next steps in their lives. We serve a student population from a rich array of cultural and linguistic backgrounds. By providing a safe and caring learning environment, with high standards and excellence, we empower our students and enable them to become intellectually independent and responsible individuals. We are proud of our well-planned and personalized ESL program which helps address the diverse needs of English Language Learners. Throughout the program, students are personally assisted to acquire language proficiency while at the same time remaining engaged with the learning curriculum and developing a full range of literacy skills. We offer a comprehensive and authentic university preparation program, in accordance with all Ontario curriculum expectations, with multiple means of assessments administered to help ensure our students are ready for any reputed university.
Great Lakes College of Toronto is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally.
- Mission 1
- Mission 2
- Mission 3
- Completed Grade 8 or equivalent or
- Student currently in Grade 9 – 12 or equivalent or
- Completed high school or
- Currently in university or college, but have not received any degree or diploma yet.
- Complete application form
- Submit the application form and transcript of marks to [email protected]
- The school will issue an offer letter with a cost summary, which includes tuition fees, residence fees, application fees, e.t.c. (Please refer to Fee Schedule for more detail)
- Once payment has been received, the school will issue a Letter of Acceptance and Receipt.
- Inform the school for the arrival date to ensure the room arranged, and to schedule an airport pick-up service.